Magnificent Rajah Brooke in Kuala Woh Recreational Forest, Tapah

Had a good night's rest at my sister's house in Teluk Intan after exploring Gua Tempurung.  I drove to Kuala Woh Recreational Forest Reserve the next day.  It took just less than hour drive and was there about 10am. It was still early and there were not many people around yet.


I discovered to my dismay there was no internet coverage in that area and I could not reach sifu Khew online to guide me on where and what to do in Kuala Woh. 


I thought I was going to be on my own.   My heart sank, but thankfully, Darren a friend whom I have arranged to meet up, arrived with his friend.  To my great relief, they helped and accompanied me to explore the waterfall before they left at noon for Ipoh.


We were pleasantly greeted by an elegant Magpie Crow as we walked near the stream.  Took a few shots and anxiously moved on quickly to search for the Rajah Brooke.


I was not in for disappointment and there was never really a need to search for the Rajah Brooke. They were flying all over the waterfall.   We got to the other side of the stream and later walked towards a bridge. Just below the bridge were two congregations of the Rajah Brooke near the stream.

Before we reached the other side of the bridge, I stumbled upon the Common Tit and Dark Cupid.



After looking around for ways to get down to the stream, we found a safe slope and managed to get down.  It was joyous moments! I just clicked away and enjoyed the sight of them.  Somehow along the way, we must have frightened them, many flew away but when I came back later again after Darren and his friend had left, there were more of them which congregated at the same place.






Here are some videos of the magnificent Rajah Brooke.



Sitting there and watching the Rajah Brooke was something I never imagined I would do but it was simply heavenly indeed.  These were such unforgettable memories of the magnificent beauties that flew all over the waterfall and over me with such elegance and grace.


As I was taking the photos of the Rajah Brooke, a pretty Tailed Jay came by and I had the opportunity to take good shots of it as it was puddling for quite awhile.

Also came along, were the Chocolate Albatross and Common Imperial.



I was also delighted to have found the Red Spot Sawtooth too and had spent a lot of time here by the other side of the stream. I could not get myself away, as they kept going back to the same spot of the stream and allowed me to take more photos.  I just loved every moments of it. Never mind, I was all soaked and submerged in the stream to get these shots. 



When it was time to go, I was very sad indeed to have to leave all these beautiful flying jewels.  After "bidding farewell" to the Rajah Brooke, I drove back to KL feeling awesome that I have seen such congregations of the Rajah Brooke, which I had wanted to see since I fell in love with the butterflies. Lets hope I will find this opportunity to return to this wonderful waterfall again to see the magnificent Rajah Brooke.









Comments