Gray Tinsel in Pasir Ris Park, Singapore.

 21 February 2021

There have not been much butterflies activities the past 2 months and was made worse with the travel restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic.  Stuck in Singapore and wishing to make the best to complete more butterflies in the bucket list.

Today was indeed a joyous day when Federick and I found the Gray Tinsel in Pasir Ris Park.   It was an alert from a facebook post that prompted me to go to Pasir Ris Park.  I arrived there about 10.30am but no sign of the little fella until I met Federick about 3pm.

It was a long day of searching and walking for several hours, and still could not find it. I was about to give up and wanted to head back to the car from the butterfly garden but was reluctant to leave without giving it one more round of trying.  I went back to the boardwalk and there, I met Federick who just arrived.  Within minutes of walking on the boardwalk, Federick spotted it flying.  We stopped and eyed on it carefully to see where it stopped and took some shots.  Immediately, I knew it was the Gray Tinsel, much to my utmost excitement.  

It was such a lovely butterfly albeit not pristine and I loved it. 


 

Comments