Melanitis leda galore at Bogyoke Park, Yangon, Myammar

It was supposed to be a long public weekend holiday in Yangon to explore the city, but I brought along my camera, just in case I was able to go shooting in Yangon.  I was not sure what to expect and much to my surprised, just we were driven into the city, I saw lots of butterflies along the roadside.  I knew then that I would have lots of opportunity to find some butterflies.


I was lucky that Chatrium Hotel, where we stayed was near the Kandawgyi Lake and Bogyoke Park, hence not surprised at all to see quite a number of butterflies around the hotel.   


After checking in the hotel, I wasted no time and quickly got my camera to check around the hotel.  A beautiful Common Palmfly  and a Common Imperial gave me their warm welcome.





The next day, I ventured outside the hotel and went across the road to a nearby restaurant and saw a number of the common butterflies puddling on the ground.




After 2 days of exploring the city, I finally got my chance to go shooting in the late part of the afternoon at Bogyoke Park, only less than 5 minutes from the hotel.  





I was thrilled to see quite a number of the varieties of the Melanitis leda in the same forest area. 





Unfortunately I was not able to get good shots of them all as the forest had lots of mosquitoes and I was very much distracted. Cautious, I left the park, satisfied with the four varieties of the Melanitis leda.  


Comments