Chiangmai Trip (6-12 October 2019) (Part 2)

The second day of our shooting in Chiangmai was in Doi Suthep/Doi Pui, which was merely 20 minutes from our hotel.  We stopped at the Wang Bua Ban Pha Ngoep waterfall and spent sometime there.  Although there were not many butterflies as expected, we got some varieties that I was happy enough as many were new to me.







Later, we headed up to Doi Pui viewpoint and the mountainous views were amazing.


We went up to a small hilltop where we found the Yellow Sailor, Banded Dandy, Orange Punch, Dark Judy and many more....





Finally, Antonio took us further uphill to San Ku temple ruins.  Although the butterflies were few here, we managed to find the White Dryad, Large Spotted Flat and Straight Bamboo.





Back in Chiangmai, we had sumptuous dinner and beer at the Mexican restaurant.  We rested early to get ready for the next day to go back to Chiang Dao for another full day of shooting.

The third day of our shooting was back in Chiang Dao.  We started our journey earlier this time.  It was a rather cloudy day but lucky for us, it did not rain as the weather forecast predicted.  Many of the species that we saw on the first day were still there and it was my opportunity to shoot those that I missed earlier and looked for new ones.







It was yet another day of fruitful butterflies hunting and taking many many shots to my heart's delight.

Our final day of shooting was in the vicinity area of Mae Phaeng, Phrao District.  The butterflies here were rather similar to Chiang Dao, but we managed to find some different ones too.













It was with some sadnesss that our 4 days shooting had ended.  I hope to be back in Chiangmai again soon as the butterflies there are truly amazing and fun to shoot.  I have learnt much from this trip,  and with the continuous shooting for 4 days, I had the opportunity to improve my photography skills.  It was also on this trip that I realised that I ought to learn the scientific names of the butterflies as there were so many occasions where I was lost when sifu, Antonio and Jonathan were using scientific names to discuss the butterflies.

This ends our butterfly travelogue in Chiangmai with so many butterflies shots I had.  I love looking at my butterflies photos over and over again in my blog and enjoys reading sifu's write up on our trip.

A detailed write up on the Chiang Mai Trip by Sifu Khew

More on my photo collection of butterflies in Chiangmai

Comments