Striped Ringlet at Sungai Tua Recreational Forest Reserve, Selangor

I was back in KL again and took this opportunity to meet up with Chris Chong, a facebook butterfly friend who fascinated me with his Red Harlequin video post that was accompanied by a classical music.

Chris took me around the Sungai Tua Recreational Forest Reserve, and we tried to look for the Red Harlequin that he posted but we could not find it.  It did not seemed like  a good day for butterflies that morning, much to my disappointment!



Chris also showed me the stream where the Rajah Brookes would congregate and was actually rather surprised that the Rajah Brookes can be found in Sungai Tua.







Just as I thought we could not find anything interesting that day,  a Striped Ringlet  (Ragadia makuta) suddenly appeared before us.  Not one but two, and we got all excited although Chris had shot it before.  It was so awesome to see the silver glitters through the lens.




The afternoon was getting late and just as we were leaving the forest, we had another pleasant surprise when we saw the Eyed Cyclops (Erites Argentina).


Both of these species shots had made my day at Sungai Tua Recreational Forest trip worth the journey and I was glad to have made that effort to meet Chris whom I would be able to go butterfly outings  when I go back to KL in future.






Comments