Day 4 - Tree Nymph in Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary.

We started our drive back home after breakfast at the hotel. During the journey back, I realised the Duffer pupa that I have picked up from the forest had eclosed.  We stopped at one of the rest places to release it.
The weather was good and we were still quite early, hence sifu decided it was fine to make a quick visit to the Malacca Butterfy and Reptile Sanctuary.  I had wanted to see the Tree Nymph (Idea Lynceus) that I read in a newspaper article on how they have successfully bred the Tree Nymph.  The Santuary is well decorated and has a lot of varieties of butterflies and other animals.
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, when we got to the second aviary place, there were so many Common Birdwing and this is where the Tree Nymph were found flying about.



We met Gerard and his wife Elaine who showed us around the Sanctuary.  It was fascinating to learn how Gerard started breeding the Tree Nymph some 12 years ago, with many mistakes made before he successfully managed to breed them.  
More fascinating was for me to see the pupa of the Tree Nypmh for the first time.
 

It was a quick visit to the Santuary as we had to head back to Singapore before the traffic at the immigration became too congested.  We managed to get back home about 6.30pm after a great relief over a panic search for my passport ,which I thought I had lost in Ipoh.

The trip ended well after all and we all had such an enjoyable memorable time in Ipoh.






Comments