Awesome Chinese Peacock in Hong Kong Park, Hong Kong

It was a great family holiday with siblings cum butterfly shooting in Hong Kong. Arrived in Hong Kong at noon, checked into the hotel and rushed off to the Hong Kong Park. Originally we intended to stay at the JW Marriot where it was a mere 5 minutes walk to the park. However, due to the ongoing mass demonstration in Hong Kong, we changed our hotel location to Kowloon, which was a mere one MTR stop away, ie from Tim Sha Shui to Admiralty. 
It was all excitement when I got to the park.  The park is certainly with more matured plants and crowded now, not the same as I remembered it when I was there a few years ago.
 

The first thing I did was to text May Chan for instruction on where to find the butterflies. With her great help by detailed whats app instruction, I found my way to the butterflies popular spots and met a few friendly photographers.
I became acquainted with KC So who gave me some tips on how I should do the settings to shoot the delightful Chinese Peacock that flew in and rested in the bushes for quite a long time. 

This is the awesome Chinese Peacock which is rarely seen resting in the bushes.  It must have been my lucky day to have this privilege.  The glittering spots on the wings are quite prominently seen.

Just as I was shooting the Chinese Peacock, a Punchinello flew right in front of me.
The day got late and it started to rain.  I did not expect to see many butterflies that evening and the appearance of the Chinese Peacock had certainly made a good start to my butterfly experience in Hong Kong.

I made my way back to the hotel in Kowloon to have an early rest and to get ready to meet May Chan in Tai Po the next day.  May has so kindly taken a day off from work to take me to Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve for a whole day of butterfly shooting.







Comments