Seasonal Pendlebury's Zebra Graphium in Sungei Sedim Forest Reserve, Kedah

I have not been to Kedah for a long time and remembered many years ago when the family was there, we used to enjoy the scenery of the padi fields. As we were in Penang for the Chinese New Year holidays, we decided to take a drive to Kedah again and for me, of course it was an opportunity to look for butterflies.  After checking, I decided to try and explore the Tree Top Walk in Sungei Sedim Forest Reserve.
We arrived the Tree Top Walk about noon.  As we approached the Tree Top Walk entrance, an awesome Malayan Birdwing flew high above me.  It was flying so gracefully around from one tree to the other but I could not get a good shot of it.  Stood there for a while and admired the amazing flight of this Birdwing.

The Tree Top Walk is a 925 metres long canopy walk located in Gunung Inas Forest Reserve, Kulim.
There were not many butterflies on that day and as we came to the end of the walk, a Ciliate Blue decided to show up and was basking under the hot sun.
It was rather disappointing but as I walked towards the stream, I saw a Commander and  two Pendlebury's Zebra Graphium puddling in the sands near the car park. Thankfully, I did not miss the Pendlebury Zebra and my disappointments faded away.




These Pendleburys had made my day.  I left Sungei Sedim Forest Reserve contented and happy.





Comments