Pretty Common Posies in Kota Damansara Forest Reserve, Selangor, Malaysia

It was homecoming to celebrate Chinese New Year 2019 in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.

It was also good opportunity for me to find out more about the Forest Reserves around Petaling Jaya where I could go butterflying. The nearest place that I found worth exploring was Kota Damansara Forest Reserve, which was merely about 15 minutes drive away from the house.

Malaysia Traveller.com

My domestic helper, Siti came along with me. We stayed around the little lake as we were not familiar with that area.   As we walked around the lake, Siti spotted the pretty Common Posy.   It was absolutely delightful to see the pretty little butterfly for the first time.  Loved the little tails.

As we walked further into the forest, we saw a small gathering of the Forest Whites puddling.




Much to my surprised too was a Malay Cruiser that flew in all of a sudden,  It made a pleasant stop but flew away quickly before I could take anymore photos of it.
.  

 We could not stay long as the rain started to pour and we ran as fast as we could back to the car.

Kota Damansara Forest Reserve is a lovely discovery and is now my number one list to go butterflying whenever I am back in Petaling Jaya.


Comments